quinta-feira, dezembro 02, 2004

The Invisible Man (porque nunca é demais lembrar)

The world's gone mad

And I have lost touch

I shouldn't admit it

But I have.

It slipped away while I was distracted

I haven't changed

I swear I haven't changed

How did this happen?

I didn't feel myself

Evaporating...



My body has gone

But my eyes remain

Hovering. Witnessing.

Cold as a ghost ..watching the streets

Sheltering in doorways of

Venice, Vienna,

Budapest, Krakow, and Amsterdam



I have become the invisible man



The invisible heart beating against you

The invisible pulse silently thumping



I shout my name in the public places

No one seems to notice

No one understands

I stand perfectly still

In the middle of the road

I hold my nerve

I hold my nerve

Hold my nerve

But the cars don't swerve



I will hear your prayers

As you whisper alone

I am the one you felt was close

Close behind you in St.Stephen

You lit a candle

Blessings in the cold night air



I'll feel your breath as you turn to go

I'll watch you leave

From somewhere up high

As you cross the park

In the Autumn light

In the Autumn light

In the Autumn light



If I close my eyes

I can see where you live

Climb the winding stairs

Up to your apartment

The scent of you preparing

His evening meal

I must watch in dread

When he's cruel to you

In horrified silence

As you make love

I cannot lift a hand

Lift a hand to stop him

I don't exist What can I do?

What can I do?



I will scream in your ear

As you're passing by

I will wrap my arms around you

You won't hear, you won't feel me

I will walk stride for stride with you

I will try to help

When you stumble

You will stumble through me.



I have become the invisible man

It’s all I am

Invisible



I have read all your letters

I know what you contain

I have dreamt your dreams

My head..

My head is haunted

I will scream again

“I am perfectly sane”

“I am perfectly sane”

But I am

The invisible man

I am

The invisible man



Talk to me

Acknowledge me

Confide in me

Confess to me ... or

Leave me be

Leave me be.

0 passageiros clandestinos:

Chamar a hospedeira para Enviar um comentário

<< Regressar ao cockpit